Buzzard Software is now officially enrolled in Apple’s iPhone Developer Program!
For those of you who are about to enroll yourselves, below is a summary of our experience. For comparison, you can also read some other enrollment stories here and here. For us, the whole process took almost 5 weeks, though your mileage may vary.
- We started our enrollment on April 26, 2009 as a company under the standard program. We received an email confirmation from Apple stating that they were processing our application.
- On May 11th, we received an email requesting information to confirm our company’s identity. As requested, we faxed (yes…faxed) our business documents.
- On May 18th, we received an email stating that Apple was waiting for information and that we should send it, or contact Apple if we had already sent it. Since we had already sent the information, I sent an email to Apple to figure out was going on.
- We received a response from Apple on May 23rd, confirming that our company information had been received and that our enrollment was being processed.
- I received a phone message from Apple late on May 28th requesting that we contact them. I called them on May 29th. They just wanted to confirm our mailing address and contact phone number. As a result, I was told I’d get an email pointing me to the license agreement I would need to agree to.
- I read the license agreement on May 30th, agreed to it, and was then able to purchase membership in the iPhone Developer Program ($99). After purchase, I received an email with my activation code within a few hours, after which I activated my account.
Now, we need to finish up our application and get set up to sell it in the App Store.